In recent years, mobile devices have become the primary tool for customers to interact with businesses. According to research conducted jointly by Google and Forrester, about 70% of online shoppers claim that they are more likely to buy products from businesses that offer the communication channels they prefer. This trend is expected to continue in the future. However, only a small percentage of companies can create apps that people want to download, and more than 70% of app users abandon apps within the first 90 days of downloading them. To solve this problem, mobile application bots can provide efficient customer service and guidance. In this article, we introduce everything managers need to know about mobile app chatbots.
What are Mobile App Chatbots?
Mobile app chatbots, also known as mobile application chatbots, are conversational AI tools that engage with customers on the custom mobile application interface of the company. They can understand and respond to the text or voice input of the users. The purpose of mobile app chatbots is to provide a seamless and personalized experience for customers, which in turn increases sales, customer conversion, and brand awareness.
Use cases of Mobile App Chatbots
Mobile app chatbots have a wide range of use cases, including:
- Answering frequently asked questions of clients: Mobile app chatbots can help customers find answers to common questions, such as product information, pricing, and delivery.
- Automating customer service: Mobile app chatbots can assist customers with technical support issues, order status updates, and returns and refunds.
- Recommending products: Mobile app chatbots can analyze customer data and make personalized product recommendations.
- Sending personal notifications: Mobile app chatbots can send personalized notifications about new products, promotions, or other relevant information.
- Lead generation: Mobile app chatbots can engage with customers and collect valuable data for lead generation purposes.
- Providing information on how to invest: Mobile app chatbots can provide financial advice and guidance for customers who are looking to invest.
- Filing insurance claims and more: Mobile app chatbots can help customers file insurance claims, track the status of their claims, and get support for any issues that arise.
What are the Benefits of Mobile App Chatbots?
Mobile application chatbots have become an essential tool for businesses to enhance customer experience and streamline operations. They provide a 24/7 support system, instant access to customer service, multilingual service, cost savings, and increased sales. In addition, chatbots on mobile apps offer increased security, improve omnichannel capabilities, and enhance conversion rates. Industries such as banking, insurance, hotels, and e-commerce can benefit from chatbots on their mobile apps. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of mobile app chatbots in detail and explore how firms can create their own chatbots.
General Benefits of Having a Chatbot
- 24/7 Availability: Chatbots can work around the clock without getting tired or sick, making them available to customers at any time of the day.
- Instant Access: Chatbots can engage with numerous clients simultaneously, which helps scale your customer service.
- Multilingual Service: With the global world we live in, it is essential to offer multilingual service to enhance the customer experience.
- Cost Savings: Chatbots can automate customer service tasks by up to 90%, freeing up employees to focus on other tasks that require human intellect.
- Increase Sales: Chatbots can generate leads by collecting valuable client data while communicating with customers.
- Human Agent Takeover: If needed, a real person can take over the conversation from the chatbot.
Benefits of Having a Chatbot on a Mobile App
- Increase Conversion Rates: Having a mobile app bot improves customer satisfaction, which in turn, can increase your mobile platform’s ratings. Thus, potential customers are more likely to download your app and increase conversion rates.
- Secure Customer Data: Creating bots on chat platforms like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger can lead to cybersecurity flaws, which may result in customer data being leaked. However, if you regularly test your mobile app and implement cybersecurity best practices, such as zero trust cybersecurity architecture, building bots on mobile apps can be safer, leading to secure customer data.
- Improve Your Omnichannel Capabilities: Providing effective customer engagement on mobile apps is necessary nowadays. Without bots, many companies find it difficult to manage scalable traffic.
Industries that can Benefit from Mobile Application Bots
With the advancement in technology, companies across industries have started implementing chatbots in their mobile applications to improve customer engagement and automate mundane tasks. Chatbots are computer programs that simulate human conversation and can perform various tasks, including answering queries, providing product information, and even processing transactions.
The banking sector can benefit greatly from mobile application chatbots due to data compliance regulations that force banks to be cautious regarding cybersecurity. Chatbots can automate customer service tasks, allowing customers to easily access their account information, report fraudulent activity, and make transactions without the need for human intervention. Additionally, the machine learning algorithms of AI chatbots can help banks to deploy them for banking-related tasks like determining the interest rate of mortgage plans. Mortgage chatbots can collect personal information from users and interpret it as a financial expert, providing personalized recommendations to the users.
The insurance industry is another sector that can benefit from deploying chatbots on mobile applications due to data protection regulations. Insurance chatbots can help with underwriting and claims processing by helping customers to upload documents. Insurance chatbots also help users to find policy-specific information, reducing operational expenses. Chatbots can also be programmed to assess the insurance needs of customers and provide policy recommendations based on their responses.
Deploying chatbots on custom applications can be useful for hotels. For instance, Equinox hotel’s chatbot answers customer queries and manages bookings, freeing up staff to focus on more complex customer service tasks. Hotel chatbots can also be programmed to provide information about nearby attractions, make restaurant reservations, and provide directions to the hotel.
Thanks to chatbots, users can interact with e-commerce businesses with ease. E-commerce companies can inform customers concerning new products, discounts, and delivery information. Chatbots can also help e-commerce firms with lead generation and product recommendations. Chatbots can be programmed to provide personalized recommendations based on customers’ previous purchases, browsing history, and other data points.
How Can Firms Have Their Own Application Chatbots?
Chatbots have become a popular tool for businesses to interact with their customers. They are widely used in mobile applications to provide quick and personalized customer service. Creating a chatbot may seem like a daunting task, but there are three ways in which firms can have their own mobile app chatbot.
Creating Your Own Chatbot from Scratch
Creating your own chatbot from scratch is the most challenging but also the most customizable way to have a mobile app chatbot. This option is optimal for companies that have high-talent staff, time, and financial capital to finish this challenging task. Here are some steps to create your own chatbot from scratch:
- Identify the purpose of your chatbot: Define the purpose of your chatbot, including its scope, audience, and functionality.
- Choose a development platform: Select a programming language, framework, and toolset that best fits your chatbot requirements.
- Develop a chatbot architecture: Plan the architecture of your chatbot, including the backend, frontend, and database.
- Design the chatbot user interface: Create a conversation flow and user interface design that matches your chatbot’s purpose and audience.
- Train the chatbot: Train your chatbot with relevant data, including FAQs, product information, and customer queries.
- Test and deploy the chatbot: Test your chatbot in a real environment and deploy it to your mobile application.
Creating your own chatbot from scratch provides complete control over the chatbot’s functionality, design, and integration with other systems. However, it requires a significant investment in time, resources, and expertise.
There are a couple of methods you could utilize to procure a mobile application chatbot: One such approach is through the modification of an open-source code. However, you must carefully consider the licensing terms and conditions associated with such code.
Alternatively, you may elect to cooperate with a chatbot company to attain a chatbot customized to your specific application requirements. By availing of the services of a chatbot vendor, you can benefit from their expertise and knowledge in the field of chatbot development.
Check here to read about the revolution of Chatbots.